The 360°kids Leadership team is seeking committed volunteers for various Standing Committees. We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals for our skills-based Committees and we encourage applicants from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences.
Currently, we are seeking new members interested in Fundraising, Marketing, HR and Government Relations initiatives. As a Committee member, you will participate in operational strategy review and fundraising creation efforts to support the organization’s mission.
At 360°kids, our mission is to to prevent homelessness by helping youth at risk or in crisis transition to a state of safety and stability. Our vision is that every kid has a safe home in York Region. We offer a range of programs to ensure that no young person becomes homeless and, if they do, we provide a variety of housing options and wrap-around services to help them transition to independence.
As a Standing Committee member, you will:
- Attend regular meetings and other planning sessions or events (6-8 per year).
- Prepare for meetings including reviewing minutes and related materials and reports in advance of each meeting.
- Actively participate in committee work and volunteer for assignments.
- Build collegial working relationships that contribute to the mission and values.
- Participate in events on behalf of the organization.
We are looking for committed, supportive members who possess the following abilities:
- A drive to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged youth
- Ability to leverage networks and resources to support efforts
- Past board experience helpful
- Previous senior level experience in Communications, Fundraising, Government or HR
- Social Services Board or Leadership experience in Youth Mental Health, Education or Homelessness and Poverty Prevention strategies highly beneficial.
- Desire to be an active member in building a strong community in York Region.
- Business acumen, public speaking and presentations beneficial.
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities and getting involved in helping youth in our community build a brighter future, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
Please visit our web site at www.360kids.ca to learn more about our programs and services.