Connections and Emergency Housing
Connections is the first emergency housing facility in the southern part of York Region for homeless youth. The facility offers 14 single-occupancy rooms, 7 days a week and provides basic needs (food, bedding, hygiene supplies, etc.) wraparound services; and assistance finding appropriate, affordable, and stable housing.
360°kids believes that “every kid matters” regardless of their circumstances. If youth are cared for, supported and empowered they will make better choices allowing them to move to a place of stability that all people deserve. At Connections, 360°kids delivers on their philosophy by meeting kids where they’re at, demonstrating that people care, ensuring a young person’s basic needs are met and inspiring them to reach their true potential.
Youth residing at Connections have a safe place to call home, even if it’s a short stop on their journey to self-sufficiency. Caring staff are there to help sort out their problems and programming that will build the skills necessary for their future success. Life skills are taught through one to one counselling and group activities. Regular house meetings empower youth to participate in communal living, take ownership of the environment they live in, and gives them a practical place to practice conflict resolution and negotiation skills learned.
- Provide safe and supportive housing for youth who are homeless for a maximum of 4 months;
- Provide basic necessities such as food, clothing, shelter so that they may focus on issues that led to their situation;
- Support youth in their transition back home or onto independent living;
- Work with youth to assess their housing needs and help them look for housing;
- Provide resources and referrals to other community services that meet their needs;
- Decrease the number of youth sleeping on the streets;
- Increase positive outcomes for youth with regards to becoming housed and retaining housing.
- Youth 16 – 26 years old
- Experiencing a housing crisis;
- Are unaccompanied by children;
- Possess the ability to care for their own basic physical needs (e.g. can clothe, bathe, and feed themselves).
Connections is a safe space that incorporates all communities including trans, gender nonconforming individuals and 2SLGBTQ+.
Any youth seeking emergency housing who does not match the target population may be temporarily accommodated until they can be transferred to a more appropriate residential program.
If you are experiencing homelessness in York Region and are seeking immediate shelter needs, please contact the York Region Emergency Housing Central Intake Line at 1-877-464-9675 ext. 76140. This is a 24/7 central access point and will direct you to immediate assistance and vital information.
For more information, or to get in contact with Connections staff please contact:
10415 Yonge St., Suite E
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 0Z3
Tel: (905) 884-3070