Base 4 Success
Base 4 Success (B4S)
B4S is a 12 week paid employment program for youth who face barriers to employment. Through 120 hours of facilitated classroom pre-employment workshops and 240 hours of paid work placement opportunities ($15.50/hour), B4S has the potential to make a lasting impact towards sustainable employment for youth.
Participants are provided with certification opportunities for Smart Serve, WHMIS, First Aid/CPR and Food Handlers, and training in employment and life skill topics such as budgeting, stress management, interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, healthy relationships, self-care and time management, financial literacy, and personal mental health management. While youth are in their employment placements, we provide ongoing support and coaching to assist them in overcoming challenges in retaining long- term meaningful employment.
Pre-employment workshops run for 4 consecutive weeks and are delivered Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. They are now being offered in a hybrid model where participants are required to attend BOTH in person as well as online.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays in-person at HomeBase Richmond Hill (10415 Yonge St)
- Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays online via Zoom
After pre-employment workshops have been completed, participants will be provided with an 8 week paid job placement opportunity.
Participants in B4S must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15-30
- Are currently unemployed/under-employed and not in school
- Access to Wi-Fi and a laptop or computer
- Willing to attend workshops BOTH in person and virtually
- A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Must reside in York Region
Our next session of Base 4 Success begins:
Monday, January 9th, 2023