360°kids has been a leader in the delivery of innovative support services for over 30 years as we work to improve the lives of homeless and at-risk youth and families in York Region. We are a vitally important community agency serving all of York Region. At 360°kids, we provide a unique continuum of care approach with a range of programs and services that are essential to the health and well-being of youth and that are proven strategies for helping to keep youth off the streets by providing safe housing options.
With a high level of enthusiasm, the successful candidate is eager to contribute to an inspiring organization that makes significant impact within our community. The incumbent will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with a “solutions-focused” attitude. Inspired to contribute, and ready to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, the individual must be passionately inspired by our mission.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Office Administrator/Recruiter is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services to the organization ensuring effective and efficient operations of the 360°kids Head Office, as well as providing recruitment and other related support to the Human Resources Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Is the initial point of contact for 360°kids to the social service network, regulators, staff, and to the general public and as such is responsible for providing good internal and external customer service.
- Organizes and manages the day to day administrative operations of the 360°kids Head Office to ensure proper office policies and procedures are followed.
- Answers telephones using a multi-line system and directs calls to the appropriate contacts and/or services.
- Greets the public coming into the office and directs them appropriately; provides general information in person or by phone.
- Responsible for being aware of community services in York Region for information and referral purposes for the population being served by the organization and the general public.
- Exercises judgment and initiative in managing contact with the appropriate Ministries, the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, and other interested parties.
- Provides confidential and general administrative support to the Management team as required.
- Co-ordinates reports and related information as required to the CEO, Directors, Managers, Board of Directors, other designated organizations, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates large amounts of verbal and written information including taking minutes at various meetings for agency programs, Human Resources, Management, and the Board of Directors.
- Provides administrative support for agency programs including preparing reports and sharing of related information to the Director of Programs and Services as required and in a timely manner.
- Assist in the data entry for multiple programs on various databases and Microsoft Excel ensuring accuracy of information.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings for the Board or Directors and Management team including managing the use of multiple meeting room spaces, equipment, and catering needs.
- Assists in the Recruitment process including – placement of job postings, short-listing of candidates, scheduling, and participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, and the creation of employment offer letters, etc.
- Participates in the on-boarding of new employees and volunteers including orientation and training, focusing on providing a positive and effective experience for each employee and/or volunteer.
- Assists the HR Team in planning and coordinating quarterly All Staff meetings.
- Manages data on the 360°kids’ website including posting and reviewing website content as directed by HR or Resource Development, and assists with other updates as needed.
- Manages office supplies, ensuring that supplies are maintained and costs are controlled.
- Oversees the maintenance and inventory of all office equipment including computers, printers, telephone systems, and cell phones, including ordering, servicing, and inquiries regarding the above.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures of 360°kids.
- Provides other administrative support as required.
QUALIFICATIONS OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Office Administration, Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Strong office administration skills including accuracy, organization, ability to multi task, and computer knowledge.
- Strong administration and leadership skills including motivation, delegation, coaching/mentoring, empowerment and demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently, strong personal ethics, integrity, reliability, time management and organization skills.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently in a dynamic, complex environment and organize time and workload effectively.
- Strong demonstrable oral and written communication with all levels of staff, the public and clients while maintaining confidentiality and objectivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, employment partners, community agencies and the public with a working knowledge of York Region services.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, current vulnerable sector screening (criminal background check), car and valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.