Youth Job Connection
Youth Job Connection (YJC)
YJC includes paid pre-employment workshops, job matching and placement support.
Participants first complete 3 weeks of paid pre-employment workshops which include topics such as resume writing, interview skills, customer service and more. After completing the workshops, participants will be supported by a 360°kids Job Developer with finding a paid employment opportunity. Specialized training required by placement employers such as First Aid/CPR, Smart Serve, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Security, etc. can be provided through program funding.
Pre-employment workshops run for 3 consecutive weeks and are delivered Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. They are now being offered in a hybrid model where participants are required to attend BOTH in person and online.
- Tuesdays/Thursdays in-person at 4855 14th Ave, Markham (YMCA)
- Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays online via Zoom
Once pre-employment hours are completed, they are connected with a Job Developer who will assist them in obtaining a work placement.
Next YJC Session:
The next YJC session begins Monday, December 5th, 2022
- Between the ages of 15-29 years old
- Ontario resident living in York Region
- Valid SIN and eligible to work in Canada
- Unemployed or has part time, casual, sporadic or seasonal work
- Cannot be registered in High School
- Not collecting EI or CERB and self-identifying having social barriers
- Not participating in another full-time training program
While our programs are open to all youth, please note that priority is given to York Region residents.