Youth Job Connection
Youth Job Connection (YJC)
YJC includes paid pre-employment workshops, job matching and placement support.
Participants first complete 3 weeks of paid pre-employment workshops which include topics such as resume writing, interview skills, customer service and more. After completing the workshops, participants will be supported by a 360°kids Job Developer with finding a paid employment opportunity. Specialized training required by placement employers such as First Aid/CPR, Smart Serve, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Security, etc. can be provided through program funding.
Note: there is a paid 3 week (minimum) pre-employment training component to this program which is facilitated in online via Zoom. Pre-employment must be completed before an employment opportunity can be provided.
2020 YJC Pre-employment Workshops
(Classes run 10am -4pm Monday – Friday)
In place of a November YJC session, we will be running a YJCS session from November 9-20.
Please go over to the YJCS employment program page for more information.
- Between the ages of 15-29 years old
- Ontario resident living in York Region
- Valid SIN and eligible to work in Canada
- Unemployed or has part time, casual, sporadic or seasonal work
- Not collecting EI or CERB and self-identifying having social barriers
- Not participating in another full-time training program