Counselling is a wonderful tool to help young people move from the pain of the past towards a resilient future. Through this process, young people are provided with the message that we care through consistency, empathetic listening and providing opportunities to learn new and healthful skills that help them to manage well even when experiencing the inevitability of life’s challenges.
We thank all of our youth in community who have chosen us to support them with their counselling needs during this unprecedented time.
In an effort to continue supporting our youth effectively, we will be temporarily pausing our virtual walk-in clinic to perform some much needed updates to our process. The virtual walk in clinic will be closed on Thursday February 25th, Monday March 1st and Thursday March 4th 2021. We will resume all virtual walk in services on March 8th 2021.
We have provided a list of counselling resources in the community that youth are able to access for any acute counselling supports. These services are also free of charge and do not require a health card.
- What’s Up Walk‑In® counselling sessions are available by phone & video: Monday – Friday: 9AM – 7PM
- Call Mental Health T.O. at 1-866-585-MHTO (6486) to be connected to a counsellor.
- Kids Help Phone text “CONNECT” to 686868. Or call tel:1-800-668-6868 to speak with a counsellor over the phone
360°kids “Let’s Chat!” Virtual Walk-in Clinic
The Let’s Chat Walk-In Clinic is a Brief Virtual Counselling Service available to all young people, ages 13-26 years old who reside in York Region, who need help navigating a variety of social, emotional and mental health challenges.
Brief counselling consists of 1 to 5 sessions, however, if the youth and their counsellor have mutually determined that additional sessions may be helpful for reaching their goals, this time can be extended to support Longer Term counselling needs.
- The Virtual Walk-in clinic hours are Monday 10am–6pm & Thursday 10am–6pm.
- Counselling services are provided via Facetime, Zoom and phone calls.
- This service aims to reduce barriers in accessing timely, youth-focused counselling services in response to the demands facing our community.
- This service is available free of charge.
The virtual walk in clinic will be closed on Thursday February 25th, Monday March 1st and Thursday March 4th 2021. We will resume all virtual walk in services on March 8th 2021.
View the calendar below to book your virtual appointment with a counsellor. Alternatively, give us a call at 416-574-6372 for further information.