Every Bite Matters
Every Bite Matters (EBM)
Every Bite Matters (EBM) is a 12-week paid employment program for youth who face barriers to employment and have interest in culinary skill development.
Participants are provided with certification opportunities for Smart Serve, WHMIS, Food Handlers and First Aid/CPR, as well as pre-employment workshops focused on job readiness and life skill development.
The EBM program schedule is as follows:
- Weeks 1 and 2 – in class pre-employment workshops Monday to Friday 10am-4pm
- Weeks 3 to 8 – Friday’s in class pre-employment workshops, Monday to Thursday in our very own HUB kitchen learning and practicing culinary skills and safety. During this time, participants will have the opportunity to deliver and dine with community seniors over lunches they themselves have planned and prepared.
- Weeks 9-12 – Friday’s in class pre-employment workshops, Monday to Thursday 24 hours/week in an culinary focused employment placement.
Participants in EBM must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15-30
- Have not received any form of Employment Insurance (EI) within the past 5 years
- A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and legally eligible to work in Canada
EBM will be hosted at the Richmond Hill HUB, 360° Home Base, 10415 Yonge Street and class sizes is limited to 5 participants.
Our next sessions of EBM will be:
- May 13th, 2019