Every Bite Matters
Every Bite Matters (EBM)
Every Bite Matters (EBM) is a 14-week paid employment program for youth who face barriers to employment and have interest in culinary skill development.
Participants are provided with certification opportunities for Smart Serve, WHMIS and Food Handlers, as well as pre-employment workshops focused on job readiness and life skill development.
The EBM program schedule is as follows:
- Weeks 1 to 3 – in class pre-employment workshops Monday to Friday 10am-4pm
- Weeks 4 to 9 – Monday’s in class pre-employment workshops, Tuesday to Friday’s clients will be working on culinary skills individually.
- Pending Covid restrictions clients will be able to learn culinary skills in the 360 Kids HUB kitchen. In addition to that, clients will have the opportunity to deliver and dine with community seniors over lunches they themselves have planned and prepared.
- Weeks 10-14 – Friday’s in class pre-employment workshops, Monday to Thursday 24 hours/week in an culinary focused employment placement.
Participants in EBM must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15-30
- Access to WIFI and a compatible device (phone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.)
- A valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) and legally eligible to work in Canada
EBM is hosted at the Richmond Hill HUB, 360° Home Base, 10415 Yonge Street and class sizes is limited to 5 participants. However, due to COVID-19, current sessions have been moved to an interactive online format.
Our next session of EBM begins:
- Monday, July 26th